Consulting for Pastors & Christian Leaders
Impacted by Narcissism
Are you struggling to navigate the devastating impacts of a highly toxic or narcissistic individual(s) gaining an influential position inside the ministry?
Are you painfully aware people are hurting, factions have formed, and the focus has shifted from ministry to survival?
Do you wonder if the root of what you are dealing with is narcissism, but you aren’t sure?
Are you handling a situation in the way you have successfully navigated tough relationships in the past, but this time your efforts aren’t helping or even seem to make things worse?
Does this person have an enthusiastic fan club that would support them and get rid of you if you try to discipline or remove them?
Has the toxic individual left but the chaos, factions, and pain linger on?
Do you feel like you’re a part of an invisible war with someone or a group of people?
If so, your not alone in your struggle.
Many skilled mediators and leaders proficient at navigating challenging relationships find themselves in a foreign landscape, and what has worked in the past to resolve conflicts isn’t working now.
Disagreements, difficult personalities, and reactions to change are a normal yet difficult part of ministry. However, if you are dealing with a narcissistic individual(s), everything turns upside down.
If your approach is the same as other challenging relationships, you risk even greater devastation.
Developing an in-depth understanding of the true nature of your situation is the first step to successfully overcoming it.
Consulting is a highly-personalized, structured conversation focused on empowering and equipping you to effectively lead your ministry out from under the devastating impacts of narcissism and toward healing and restoration.
Consulting will help you…
- Untangle the chaos so that you can clearly see the key issues
- Develop a deeper understanding of narcissism and its impacts on a system
- Identify where hidden damage may be lurking that will hinder the healing process
- To be encouraged and re-energized
- Develop a clear and workable recovery plan for your unique situation
- Identify personal impacts and develop strategies to keep them from impacting your effectiveness as a leader
- Remain as innocent as doves, while responding wisely and Biblically to narcissists
- Re-evaluate common misperceptions surrounding narcissism
- Identify how narcissistic individuals actually present themselves in a church or ministry setting
- Understand the profound wounding that can occur when individuals are in a relationship with narcissistic individuals and develop effective ways to address their needs for support and spiritual healing
- Prevent narcissistic individuals from gaining a position of influence in the future by identifying vulnerabilities and evaluating practices that make your organization susceptible to narcissists
Some leaders utilize just a couple of consults, while others benefit from services over a longer period of time. Others have been personally impacted to the point that they along with other leaders, volunteers, and even family members benefit from pastoral counseling to address the personal impacts.
Matthew 10:16 (NIV) says, “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.”
I have a passion for the church and seeing us better informed and equipped to deal with this onslaught of narcissistic wolves the body of Christ is facing.